I get a message saying to download bidwhist.jnlp
If you get a message that says to download bidwhist.jnlp, then you are missing the association necessary between .jnlp files and JavaWebStart. To correct this you will need to manually create the association. While this can happen to anyone it is more common with Windows 2000 machines. Directions can vary slightly depending on your operating system.
- Open up Windows Explorer (Start->Programs->Windows Explorer)
- From the menu bar at the top select Tools -> Folder Options.
- Click on the File Types tab.
- Select JNLP (the list should be alphabetical order
- Press Change.
- Select javaws as the program to open JNLP files and click OK
- Close down all of windows and try to start the game again. (You may want to restart your computer)
For Step 3. - Starting the game
If you have confirmed that the first two steps went properly then you should get a login screen when you click on Start Playing. If you do not see this, then mostly likely you did not get past step 2 succesfully.
After I type in my username/password, the screen flashes and then does nothing.
This can happen after we release a new version of the game. If you have a normal incorrect login/password, you will always get an error message. Some ISP’s cache (keep a copy) of our files on their servers and this causes our game to not properly update on your computer. To resolve, reload the file directly from our home page and step 3 at www.bidwhist.com.